The CHEMSS 2017 Program Committee - Providing policy and expert advice for the preparation, program and conduct of CHEMSS2017
The International Centre for Chemical Safety and Security (ICCSS) and the China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF) and have established and supported the Program Committee to provide independent advice and support for the substantive preparations and program of the Global Chemical Safety and Security Summit (CHEMSS2017). The Summit aims to promote international cooperation in the area of chemical safety and security and is accompanied by an International Chemical Safety and Security Fair.
The Program Committee members provide expertise in areas of diplomacy, security, peaceful uses of chemistry, and chemical safety and security, and are drawn from non-governmental organisations, chemical industry, international organisations, research institutions, universities, and independent experts. The members of the Program Committee serve in their personal capacity and support the activities of the Committee on the basis of their individual expertise .
The establishment of the Program Committee is part of broad effort to promote dialogue and wider international engagement in chemical safety and security. The Program Committee will maintain a dedicated page on the CHEMSS2017 website to serve as a platform for networking, facilitating online discussions and publishing working documents. The meetings of the Program Committee may be held in the form of on-line conferences to facilitate participation of all Members while reducing expenditures. The ICCSS will support the work and functioning of the Program Committee.
The activities of the Program Committee will focus on the following:
1. Conducting assessments and providing information on the scientific and technological development in the fields of chemical safety and security relevant for the conduct of CHEMSS2017;
2. Providing assistance for the development of the content of the Thematic Forums of CHEMSS2017 and accompanying events;
3. Providing advice on proposed CHEMSS2017 activities to engage international organizations, governmental and non-governmental organizations, scientific and academic communities, and the chemical industry, and to support implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention and other international agreements including UNSCR 1540 (2004) and the 2005 International Health Regulations;
4. Coordinating and running the CHEMSS2017 thematic forums and accompanying events;
5. Developing the draft of the CHEMSS2017 declaration on international cooperation to enhance chemical safety and security and the promotion of a global chemical security culture.
The Co-Chairmen from the China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF) and the International Centre for Chemical Safety and Security (ICCSS) of the Program Committee chair its meetings and directs all its activities. The Chair, in cooperation with the Members of the Program Committee, will work together to accomplish the substantive preparations and conduct of CHEMSS2017. The Members of the Program Committee will assist the Chair to identify and invite keynote speakers, review proposals for panels and workshops, establish the final structure and program CHEMSS2017, and prepare the CHEMSS2017 proceedings for publication.
The Secretary of the Program Committee supports the Chairman, coordinates and organizes the Program Committee activities, prepares the draft agenda of the Board meetings, coordinates communication and contacts, and supports the relevant activities of the Program Committee.
CHEMSS2017 PROGRAMME COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Li Shousheng, Chairman, CPCIF
Amb. Krzysztof Paturej, Chair of the Program Committee - President of the Board, International Centre for Chemical Safety and Security (ICCSS)
Mr. Pang Guanglian, Vice Secretary General, Director of International Affairs, China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF).
The Secretaries of the Program Committee:
Mr. JACK CHEN, Assistant Secretary-General, Committee of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, CPCIF, e-mail: email@example.com; Tel (office): 86-10-010-84885514
DR. LECH STAROSTIN, ICCSS Program Director, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zhao Jungui, Vice Secretary General, CPCIF
- Wang Jingmin, Secretary General for SMI, CPCIF
MEMBERS (preliminary confirmed)