- CHEMSS2017 is a Global Summit in chemical safety and security bringing together leaders and practitioners from the whole world.
- CHEMSS 2017 promotes a multi-stakeholder approach inviting members of government, international organizations, industry, academia and civil society.
- CHEMSS 2017 promotes the development of the global chemical an ecological safety and security market.
Unique Features of CHEMSS
- CHEMSS is an inclusive, industry-oriented, science-based, and non-political forum
- CHEMSS is a bottom-up initiative of stakeholders who meet and deal with chemicals on a daily basis.
- CHEMSS is a multi-stakeholder process which encourages a whole-society approach in meeting chemical threats.
CHEMSS2017 will be organized in three parallel areas of activities.
- Area One – conference with lectures and presentations in 7 leading streams
- Area Two an exchange forum with demonstrations and best practices exchanges
- Area Three; The International Chemical Safety and Security Fair
- The CHEMSS 2017 Program Committee - Providing policy and expert advice for the preparation, program and conduct of CHEMSS2017.
- The Program Committee members provide expertise in areas of diplomacy, security, peaceful uses of chemistry, and chemical safety and security,
CHEMSS2017 Summit seeks to:
- Strengthen international cooperation in promoting global chemical safety and security culture;
- Promote, internationalize and implement existing national and international best practices, (trainings, expertise and technical solutions)
- Familiarize participants with the latest technical solutions, safety and security technologies and equipment available on the market;
CHEMSS2017 STAKEHOLDERS AND INVITED AUDIENCES
- Governments, law enforcement officials, regulators
- Chemical industry and trade associations
- nternational organizations
- Experts and consultants in the field of CBRN
- Members of academia
- Introduce the CHEM-FRIENDLY initiative as a way to promote chemical safety and security among enterprises
- Publish first edition of the handbook on table-top exercises in Chemical Industry
- Establish CHEMSS Talent Acquisition - platform to provide professionals with guidance in helping to select the career path in chemical industry.
The International Centre for Chemical Safety and Security (ICCSS) (www.iccss.eu) was established in October 2012 as an independent non-profit organization serving as a centre of excellence in chemical safety and security. China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (www.cpcia.org.cn) is a non-government, not-for-profit organization consisting of companies, institutes, sectional associations and local associations in the petroleum and chemical industry.